Tuesday, September 17, 2013

NEW YORK CITY: The City That Never Sleeps

In less than a year Im back again in the United states and this time Im conquering the "BiG APPLE"; "the city that never sleeps".... NEW YORK CITY.

the famous Brooklyn bridge
 Arrived JFK International Airport  early morning after my 12 hours flight from Narita. Passing the airport immigration was a breeze since i have a good record in this country for the past 3-4 yrs of going back and forth in this side of the globe.

After passing all the airport security, im off to the city and Holiday Inn at 36th street  which is roughly 30 minutes from JFK. 




Am I the only one to think that NYC is overrated? Please don't get me wrong, I think that it is a great city with lots to see and very friendly and helpful people, but the first few hours while in the taxi passing all the rated streets really didn't blow me away.. Maybe it is the fact that I live in a pretty unbelievable city myself without the crazy motorist and dumps on those side streets.



But, what New York does have is an amazing frenetic energy and vitality. The other thing that makes NYC truly special is its diversity. In so much of America, this diversity is frowned upon. In NYC it is reveled in.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...