Saturday, October 25, 2014

EMPORIO ARMANI CAFFE

My team for a project collaboration at one of the company Im working insisted on feeding me. So glad they did coz I was able to experience how posh this place which is similar to the Armani designers lines: sexy chic as anticipated.



The decor was sharp, clean and quite modern yet cozy and romantic. The coveted views of the ritzy Omotesando  strip nearby enhances the restaurant's alure.




I had the eye round of beef with Piedmont green sauce and they melt in your mouth but lacking in taste. There was a little potato cream at the bottom and two small potatoes cooked to a golden crisp that were so soft in the middle. Black truffles on top.



The bread basket included flatbread as well as breadsticks, alongside sliced bread. However we found the sliced bread to actually be a bit stale.



Besides the gorgeous interior decor, the food was just as the 2 stars description puts it "Meh."  Personally I think Armani should stick to designing clothes...  Why the harsh rating? Well I got the tasting menu.  The tasting menu is usually comprised of the Chefs best representation of the menu.  And if that is what I had then I'm not too sure I would return.



 Anyway, I think the food is severely overpriced for its quality. You're better off going off to a mom-n-pop place for Italian food. You're basically paying for the snooty atmosphere.


EMPORIO ARMANI CAFFE
 5-2-29 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
near Omotesando station exit A5

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...