Thursday, February 7, 2013

WICKED SPOON @ THE COSMOPOLITAN HOTEL

This was the buffet I was most looking forward to by far. I spent hours drooling over TA pictures, youtube videos and reviews of this place counting down the days til I could try it for myself. We visited for dinner and it really fell short from my expectations –argghhh



 I don’t know if it was a bad time – we had a week day dinner but did arrive later in the evening.They had a good sausage pasta, and very tasty mashed potatoes but that definitely didn’t justify the $40 each price tag! 






But what I really liked was  how the buffet was set up with individual servings. I thought the serve ware was elegant. I loved the individual serving pieces like mini fry baskets with fried chicken or calamari and little sauce pans with servings for one, but the food was warm at best. I also did love the gellato dessert bar and the chocolate covered strawberries. I loved the variety of foods and deserts they had and the food was absolutely delicious. The short ribs and the fresh green beans were my favorite.








We were not happy with Wicked Spoon and will not return. If you want a top drawer buffet in Las Vegas, a real buffet, not a novel cuisine buffet, skip the Wicked Spoon and head over to The Bellagio. It's all gourmet food, and it costs less, too.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...